OPEN CALL FOR DANCE COMPANIES
Chicago Dancers United presents Dance for Life Chicago
Saturday, August 18, 2018
Seeking dance companies to join the Dance for Life 2018 performance:
Chicago Dancers United (CDU) is seeking professional dance companies to take part in its annual benefit dance concert, Dance for Life Chicago (DFL) on August 18, 2018. All interested companies must submit a DVD or Video File (Vimeo, AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, or WMV) and description of the proposed work no later than February 23, 2018. Please submit only one sample of the proposed work. Each submission is reviewed by members of CDU’s Programming Committee who will make recommendations for inclusion in DFL 2018.
Below are guidelines to determine your best submission.
Submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines will not be considered.
- All submissions must be from a Chicagoland-based professional company.
- We are looking for JOYFUL or UPLIFTING dance submissions, as DFL is a celebration of life and dance.
- Submissions representing the diversity of Chicago dance are encouraged.
- Large company works are the strength of this event and are encouraged.
- Works or excerpts to be performed can be no longer than ten (10) minutes in length.
- Video submission MUST be of the actual work to be considered for DFL. If the stage performance has low lighting that makes it difficult to view on video, please submit a rehearsal video as well.
- Lighting and set design must be kept simple due to the nature of the event (No major lighting specials, no additional drapery, nothing that requires extra load-in or rigging). Please carefully review and sign the attached Technical Specifications and return with your submission
- No youth or children’s dance groups will be considered.
Include a 1-2 paragraph description of your company/ensemble, and a brief description the proposed work with your submission.
Please send DVD submission and description to:
Chicago Dancers United
200 W. Jackson Blvd. Suite 2100
Chicago, IL 60606
Please email Video File submission and description to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, please call 312.922.5812