OPEN CALL FOR DANCE COMPANIES
Chicago Dancers United presents Dance for Life Chicago
Saturday, August 17, 2019
AUDITORIUM THEATRE OF ROOSEVELT UNIVERSITY
Seeking dance companies to join the Dance for Life 2019 performance:
Chicago Dancers United (CDU) is seeking professional dance companies to take part in its annual benefit dance concert,Dance for Life Chicago(DFL) on August 17, 2019. All interested companies must submit a Video File (Vimeo, AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, or WMV), description of the proposed work and Signed Technical Specifications no later than January 25, 2019. Please submit only one sample of the proposed work. Each submission is reviewed by members of CDU’s Programming Committee who will make recommendations for inclusion in DFL 2019.
Below are guidelines to determine your best submission.
Submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines will not be considered.
- All submissions must be from a Chicagoland-based professional company.
- We are looking for JOYFUL or UPLIFTING dance submissions, as DFL is a celebration of life and dance.
- Submissions representing the diversity of Chicago dance are encouraged.
- Large company works are the strength of this event and are encouraged.
- Works or excerpts to be performed can be no longer than ten (10) minutes in length.
- Video submissions MUST be of the actual work to be considered for DFL. If you are proposing an excerpt, please provide cueing information with the video submission.
- If the stage performance has low lighting that makes it difficult to view on video, please submit a rehearsal video as well.
- Lighting and set design must be kept simple due to the nature of the event (No major lighting specials, no additional drapery, nothing that requires extra load-in or rigging).
- Please carefully review and sign the attached Technical Specifications and return with your submission.
- No youth or children’s dance groups will be considered.
- If your piece is selected, you will be required to sign a letter of agreement which will include a statement representing that any and all music, choreography and other materials to be used in connection with the submitted work does not and will not infringe or violate the rights of any party, including without limitation copyright interests.
Include a brief description of the proposed work, including production credits, with your submission.
Please email video file submission, piece description and signed Technical Specifications to: email@example.com
For additional information, please call 312.922.5812