OPEN CALL FOR DANCE COMPANIES
Chicago Dancers United presents Dance for Life Chicago
Saturday, August 19, 2017
Seeking dance companies to join the DFL 2017 performance
Chicago Dancers United (CDU) is seeking professional dance companies to take part in its annual benefit dance concert, Dance for Life Chicago (DFL) on August 19, 2017. All interested companies must submit a DVD or Video File (Vimeo, AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, or WMV) of the proposed work no later than March 15, 2017. Please submit only one sample of the proposed work. Each submission is reviewed by members of CDU’s Programming Committee who will make recommendations for inclusion in DFL 2017.
Below are a few simple guidelines to be used to determine your best submission. Submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines will not be considered.
- All submissions must be from a Chicagoland-based professional company.
- We are looking for JOYFUL or UPLIFTING dance submissions, as DFL is a celebration of life and dance.
- Submissions representing the diversity of Chicago dance are encouraged.
- Large company works are the strength of this event and are encouraged.
- Works or excerpts to be performed can be no longer than ten (10) minutes in length.
- Video submission MUST be of the actual work to be considered for DFL. If the stage performance has low lighting that makes it difficult to view on video, please submit a rehearsal video as well.
- Lighting and set design must be kept simple due to the nature of the event (No major lighting specials, no additional drapery, nothing that requires extra load-in or rigging).
- Please download, carefully review and sign the Technical Specifications and return with your submission. Technical Specifications form available here. DFL 2017 Tech Specs FINAL
- No youth or children’s dance groups will be considered.
Please send DVD submission to:
Chicago Dancers United
200 W. Jackson Blvd. Suite 2100
Chicago, IL 60606
Please email Video File submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: MARCH 15, 2017
For further information, please call 312.922.5812